The pinnacle of Falcon journalism

The Pitch

Sports Scores
  • May 2 / Boys Varsity VolleyballArchie Williams High School - 1, Albany High School - 3
  • Apr 27 / Girls Varsity LacrosseArchie Williams High School - 8, Terra Linda High School - 7
  • Apr 27 / Girls Varsity LacrosseArchie Williams High School - 8, Rancho Cotate High School - 17
  • Apr 25 / Boys Varsity GolfArchie Williams High School - 244, Marin Catholic High School - 190
  • Apr 25 / Boys Varsity GolfArchie Williams High School - 244, Redwood High School - 188
  • Apr 24 / Boys Varsity VolleyballArchie Williams High School - 1, Tamalpais High School - 3
  • Apr 24 / Boys Varsity LacrosseArchie Williams High School - 3, Lowell High School - 13
  • Apr 22 / Girls JV LacrosseArchie Williams High School - 7, Lowell High School - 1
  • Apr 22 / Boys Varsity LacrosseArchie Williams High School - 2, Branson High School - 16
The pinnacle of Falcon journalism

The Pitch

The pinnacle of Falcon journalism

The Pitch

Lucas’ hot takes: slamming your favorite music artists

Grace Sykes
Playboi Carti rapping “JumpOutTheHouse,” his infamously repetitive and somewhat annoying song.

From pop to rap, we are currently living in the most diverse music era ever. With this dramatic range and surplus of music, comes some questionable musical artists. While many of these artists are great, they all have their downsides. In this article, I will be highlighting such downsides.

In-depth:

Taylor Swift: I can already see people clicking off this article. My take: if you’re from the bay area and you support Taylor Swift, you’re a traitor. It was bad enough seeing her root against the 49ers in the Super Bowl. Not going to lie, I liked Swift pre-super bowl, but seeing her hate on the 49ers is enough to turn away a fan such as I. 

Kanye West: “But he made Graduation!” There is NO excuse for people to still be listening to this man. Kanye became famous for being different, sampling soul, and making great beats. Now, he blends into the crowd with his basic beats and blatantly insulting lyrics. 

Playboi Carti: While Playboi Carti makes incredible beats, nothing can make up for his atrocious lyricism. For example, one of this guy’s biggest hits, “JumpOutTheHouse,” consists of Mr. Carti literally only yelling “Jump out the house”. Serious ear torture. 

Drake: How is this guy the second most-streamed artist of all time on Spotify? Sure, he has some hits, but in all of his greatest songs, he is consistently carried by other featured artists. The only thing Drake does well is unintentionally making himself into a meme time and time again. 

Lana Del Rey: I am going to be so serious here; I cannot name one Lana Del Rey song. People will swear she is their favorite artist, but in my mind, she has zero nameable songs. I mean come on, who even is she? Is she real?

Olivia Rodrigo: I am an Olivia Rodrigo OG. I remember her back in her Bizaardvark days. Honestly, I was a fan. However, there is one thing we must all remember: once on Disney Channel, always on Disney Channel. In my eyes, Olivia will always be known as that cringy, socially awkward Disney star, it is just too weird to see her as a famous artist.

Travis Scott: People say they listen to Travis Scott because of his creative, experimental music. Here’s the thing: his music is not experimental or creative. He just uses horrendous autotune to sound halfway decent. Also, playing one song ten times in a row at a concert people paid hundreds of dollars for is nearly criminal. 

Quick Shots:

Justin Bieber: When one of your biggest songs is the fourth most disliked video on YouTube, you should consider a different career. 

Nicki Minaj: Dear Barbz, Nicki is washed…

Coldplay: Ever heard about a band being hot? These guys are the opposite. They’re cold; it’s in the name.

Adele: Adele says, “Hello,” and I say, “Goodbye.”

Dua Lipa: If you like Dua Lipa, you need to du-a music detox.

The Weeknd: The Weeknd, huh? All of his songs have a week ending (see what I did there?)

Harry Styles: No, nobody listens to this. I refuse to believe it. 

Imagine Dragons: How ‘bout you stop imagining and do something with your life. 

BTS: Take the “T” out to perfectly describe this band.

Lizzo: My mom likes one of Lizzo’s songs. That’s all I have to say about Lizzo.