The pinnacle of Falcon journalism

The Pitch

Sports Scores
  • Apr 27 / Girls Varsity LacrosseArchie Williams High School - 8, Terra Linda High School - 7
  • Apr 27 / Girls Varsity LacrosseArchie Williams High School - 8, Rancho Cotate High School - 17
  • Apr 25 / Boys Varsity GolfArchie Williams High School - 244, Marin Catholic High School - 190
  • Apr 25 / Boys Varsity GolfArchie Williams High School - 244, Redwood High School - 188
  • Apr 24 / Boys Varsity VolleyballArchie Williams High School - 1, Tamalpais High School - 3
  • Apr 24 / Boys Varsity LacrosseArchie Williams High School - 3, Lowell High School - 13
  • Apr 22 / Girls JV LacrosseArchie Williams High School - 7, Lowell High School - 1
  • Apr 22 / Boys Varsity LacrosseArchie Williams High School - 2, Branson High School - 16
  • Apr 19 / Girls Varsity LacrosseArchie Williams High School - 2, Marin Catholic High School - 18
The pinnacle of Falcon journalism

The Pitch

The pinnacle of Falcon journalism

The Pitch

Disney Spirit Week Day Four: Frozen Day

Freshman+Coral+John+wears+a+warm+vest+and+boots+for+Frozen+Day.+
Riley Liebman
Freshman Coral John wears a warm vest and boots for Frozen Day.

On Thursday, Feb. 8, Archie Williams students bundled up for Winter Formal Spirit Week’s Frozen Day. ASB encouraged students to wear warm winter outfits to build excitement for the Winter Formal dance on Saturday. 

This was a popular spirit day, as dressing up for it included many clothes students already wear. Outfits ranged from puffer coats to fleeces, and other warm attire. 

Sophomore Elsa Wahlstrom participated in Frozen Day by wearing a warm puffer jacket. She thought the themed day was both fun and accessible to participate in. 

“I think Frozen Day is a really fun spirit day that many students can participate in. I enjoyed seeing so many students wearing winter outfits,” Elsa said.

Archie Williams students participate in the spirit day dressed in warm attire. (Riley Liebman)

Sophomore ASB member August Ehmann helped coordinate the Winter Formal Spirit Week with other ASB members. 

“We came up with the Frozen Day because the whole week was Disney-themed, and Frozen matched perfectly because it’s winter, and who doesn’t want to be bundled up and cozy all day?” August said.

August finds that having spirit weeks helps build school spirit and community.

“Spirit days foster a school community by bringing everyone together and looking forward to something other than just regular old school. It’s really fun to have everyone participate and be able to include the whole school,” August said.

Following Frozen Day, Friday, Feb. 9, was the last spirit day before Winter Formal on Feb. 10. Themed around High School Musical, students were encouraged to wear their assigned class colors: freshman and juniors in green, and sophomores and seniors in black. ASB hoped that this last spirit day would bring more excitement and school spirit for the formal itself.