The pinnacle of Falcon journalism

The Pitch

The pinnacle of Falcon journalism

The Pitch

The pinnacle of Falcon journalism

The Pitch

The stars in Peter and the Starcatcher shine bright in last Peregrine Players production of the year

Allison Bredow
The entire cast of Peter and the Starcatcher sings a rousing song at the end of Act I of their show.

From Thursday, May 2 to Saturday, May 11, The Peregrine Players of Archie Williams High School performed the 2009 play Peter and the Starcatcher, with a total of eight performances. The show prequels the iconic story of Peter Pan, centering around an unnamed orphan boy, and his journey to becoming himself. The vibrant show invites the audience to travel with a ragtag group through ships, jungles, and enchanted waters in search of the meaning of “home.”

Junior Ford Cocciolo, playing Prentiss, stares lovingly at Molly, his new friend. (Allison Bredow)

The performance was ensemble-style, enlisting the entirety of the drama department to work closely together to pull it off. Each actor played multiple roles to create dynamic and lively scenes, and behind-the-scenes tech utilized lighting and sound effects to promote the nautical atmosphere. Senior Zoë Dombrosky, who played one of the lost boys, has been in the drama department for four years, working as an actor, director, and publicist.

“It’s bittersweet. Peter and the Starcatcher was exhausting, so now that it’s over I feel like I get to take a deep breath, but it’s also incredibly emotional because it was also so special. We put all of our love, time, and energy into this show, and it’s a bit sad seeing it come to an end,” Zoë said.

As the last regular production that The Peregrine Players perform in the 2023-2024 school year, and the senior class’ final performance ever, the closing of the show had a multilayered sadness. The juniors in the class, such as junior Jocelyn Ezell, felt a similar melancholy as they shared the stage with the seniors for the last time.

“Even though this was one of The Peregrine Players’ sillier productions, there’s a bittersweetness to the ending of this play; this is the final proper production for many of our graduating seniors who I will miss dearly,” Jocelyn said.

While this was the last traditional performance for The Peregrine Players, they are currently preparing for the Variety Show, running from Thursday, May 29 through Saturday, June 1. They will perform various skits written and directed by Drama  students.