Archie Williams track and field triumphs over the Wildcats and Mustangs

The boys varsity 1600 meter race takes off from the starting line, featuring a strong pack of Archie Williams runners.
Luca Roy

On Thursday, March 28, Archie Williams track and field competed against San Marin High School and Marin Catholic High School in their only home meet of the season. The Falcons achieved multiple season and personal bests, securing an early season win over the Mustangs and the Wildcats.

Archie Williams boys varsity track triumphed over Marin Catholic and San Marin in the 200, 400, 800, 1600, and 3200-meter races. Senior John Minutoli achieved personal bests in the 200-meter and 400-meter races, with respective times of 23.09 seconds and 51.41 seconds. Junior Will Mulliken smoked his varsity heat in the 1600 meter race, finishing his final lap in 59 seconds for a total time of 4:30.67 seconds. Sophomore Mani Mosher and seniors Aidan Stieg, Sutter O’Brien, and Lochlan McLean also won the 4×100 meter relay with a season-record time of 44.29 seconds. 

The Falcons girls varsity track was also highly successful, with junior Dempsey Boone securing first place in the girls varsity hurdles. Senior Ally Greenwald clinched a personal best time of 1:03.78 minutes in the 400-meter contest. Archie Williams girls distance runners won both the 1600 and 3200-meter races, with sophomore Ani Stieg ending the 1600-meter race with a time of 5:16.71 minutes and senior Dylan Carson winning the 3200-meter race in 12:41.95 minutes. 

The Falcons’ success leaves the team eagerly anticipating the contest at the Arcadia Invitational in Arcadia on Friday, April 5, as well as their next league competition against Redwood High School and Tamalpais High School at Redwood on Thursday, April 18.