Girls lacrosse blows out The Bay School

Senior Eliza Austin drives towards the goal during the second half of Tuesdays game.
Senior Eliza Austin drives towards the goal during the second half of Tuesday’s game.
Elliot Smith

The Archie Williams girls varsity lacrosse team faced off against The Bay School in a non-league matchup at the Falcons’ home field. The Falcons came into the game looking to extend their two-game win streak.  

Led by seniors Audrey Poster, Kyra Featherstone, and Isabelle Connoly, who all scored goals, the Falcons maintained control for the first half. The defense, anchored by junior goalie Ashira Kim-Price, stopped many shots, holding Bay scoreless in the first quarter. Archie Williams’ dominating first-half performance was capped off by their 8-2 lead going into the halftime break.

The Falcons underclassmen displayed talent throughout the game with sophomore Ellen Winter and freshman Olive Diamond both scoring goals. Olive’s goal was created from an assist by freshman Ainsley Sullivan. In the second half, Bay attempted to mount a comeback, but their efforts could not pass the Falcons’ defense. Archie Williams won the game with a final score of 10-5.

The Falcons will next play a highly-anticipated league matchup against Redwood High School Thursday, March 28, at Red Hill Field.