The pinnacle of Falcon journalism

The Pitch

The pinnacle of Falcon journalism

The Pitch

The pinnacle of Falcon journalism

The Pitch

Spring sports recap

Junior captain Paige Murphy winds up to release her pitch. (Zoe Levy)

Softball

Falcons Varsity softball ended their season with an overall record of 16-8, going 10-4 in league play. This record secured the Falcons a spot in the MCAL playoffs, but they lost to the Redwood Giants in the MCAL semifinal. The Falcons also made a run in the NCS playoffs, making it through the first round. Junior pitcher Paige Murphy led her team in all stats, winning the MCAL Player of the Year

“We are super excited for next year because we have a lot of good freshmen coming in so we should be back in MCAL playoffs if everything goes [well],” Paige said. 

Boys Tennis

Boys Varsity tennis landed the fourth seed in MCAL standings, earning them the final spot in the playoffs. The Falcons faced eventual MCAL champions, Redwood High School, and lost 0-7. Twin seniors Anders Jacobs-Frithiof and Johan Jacobs-Frithiof helped the Falcons find success despite losing Henry Pratt, a graduated senior who placed first-team all-MCAL last season.  

Senior Isabelle Connolly moves the ball up the field past the defenders. (Carolyn Morris)

Girls Lacrosse

Falcons girls lacrosse made history this season, as it was the first time in program history that the team qualified for the NCS playoffs. Seniors Audrey Poster and Isabelle Connolly helped the Falcons achieve their goals of making playoffs, ending with a 9-9 overall record. The Falcons lost in the first round of the NCS playoff to Justin-Siena High School. Next season, the Falcons aim to have the same success though they will be suffering the loss of 10 seniors. 

Boys Lacrosse

Last season, Falcons boys lacrosse were unable to put together a team. After hiring a new coach this season, the Falcons were back on the field with eager players ready to learn the game of lacrosse. Junior goalie Isaac Pierce, who had experience playing before, took a leadership role on the team. Many of their players were new to the sport, which ultimately translated into a winless season. 

Junior Zach Wulff goes for the kill against Cardinal Newman. (Zoe Levy)

Volleyball

Boys Varsity volleyball managed to have another winning season going 17-9 overall and 7-1 in MCAL league securing the second seed. In the semifinals, the Falcons fell short against Tamalpais High School. In the first round of NCS against Cardinal Newman High School the Falcons sadly ended their season. Junior Zach Wulff led his team in kills managing to become the MCAL player of the year, and he looks forward to his senior season to bring the MCAL banner home once again. 

“I think overall we played well and developed into a team we could all be proud of. I do think we have a lot of work to do next year and we need to focus on our goal of winning another MCAL championship,” Zach said. 

Boys Golf

Falcons Boys Golf, who play their home golf matches at the Meadow Club, swung for the fairways this season but ultimately did not find success. Senior Calvin Cavana was the only player from the Falcons to land a spot on an All-MCAL team, listed as an Honorable Mention. Most of the team are seniors, so the Falcons will struggle to maintain the same productive level next year. 

Archie Williams junior Jack Evans hits a ground ball foul. (Willy Finley)

Baseball

Falcons Varsity baseball found greater success this year going from a 9-15 record in the spring of 23’ to an 11-12 record during the spring of 24’. This success allowed them a chance at the NCS title, however, the Falcons were knocked out in the first round of playoffs. Junior Jack Evans led the MCAL league for most home runs as well as being on the MCAL first team. Jack and the other returners for the 25’ season are excited to return to the field for another season. 

“The season went pretty well. I’m disappointed we didn’t go further in playoffs and didn’t make MCAL but I’m proud of how our team fought through struggling with injury. Some of our best players were injured, and we came together as a team and it was a special experience to be a part of,” Jack said. 

Junior Will Mulliken sweeping the boys varsity 1600 meter race with a finishing time of 4:30.67 seconds. (Luca Roy)

Track

The track season produced many successes, having multiple MCAL winners as well as being in NCS qualifiers. Ian B Sharpe won the 3200m, and Will Mulliken brought home a second banner for the Falcons in the 1600m. 

Swimming

The swim team had another successful season. Freshman Holly Hovey broke a 27-year-long school record for 24.42 seconds in the 50m freestyle, being the first-ever girl to break the record. Archie Williams placed third in MCALs, however, couldn’t bring any banners to the nest.