The pinnacle of Falcon journalism

The Pitch

Sports Scores
  • Apr 25 / Boys Varsity GolfArchie Williams High School - 244, Marin Catholic High School - 190
  • Apr 25 / Boys Varsity GolfArchie Williams High School - 244, Redwood High School - 188
  • Apr 24 / Boys Varsity VolleyballArchie Williams High School - 1, Tamalpais High School - 3
  • Apr 24 / Boys Varsity LacrosseArchie Williams High School - 3, Lowell High School - 13
  • Apr 22 / Girls JV LacrosseArchie Williams High School - 7, Lowell High School - 1
  • Apr 22 / Boys Varsity LacrosseArchie Williams High School - 2, Branson High School - 16
  • Apr 19 / Girls Varsity LacrosseArchie Williams High School - 2, Marin Catholic High School - 18
  • Apr 19 / Varsity BaseballArchie Williams High School - 9, San Rafael High School - 5
  • Apr 17 / Boys Varsity LacrosseArchie Williams High School - 2, San Rafael High School - 18
The pinnacle of Falcon journalism

The Pitch

The pinnacle of Falcon journalism

The Pitch

Disney Spirit Week Day Two: Tweedle Twin Day

Emma McFerron
Archie Williams freshman Alex Brasler and Sadie Weinberg show their school spirit on Twin Day.

On Tuesday, Feb. 6, Archie Williams students found partners to tackle the second spirit day of the week: Tweedle Twin Day. In addition to four other spirit days, ASB organized Tweedle Twin Day to foster excitement for Saturday’s Winter Formal dance.

Tweedle Twin Day proved to be popular with students, many pairs wore matching attire. While some pairs decided to dress in the same color scheme, extra-spirited students wore nearly identical apparel to their counterparts. 

Sophomores Rhiannon Connelly and Sophia Lopez were amongst the few who sported nearly identical outfits. The pair wore matching green tops and white pants.

Juniors Bailey Dillon and Mason Barnhardt showcase matching shirts on Twin Day. (Emma McFerron)

“[My favorite part about Twin Day] is getting to match with my best friend,” Rhiannon said.

Rhiannon and Sophia do not share any classes together, but they were able to showcase their spirit during breaks and passing periods. Sophia liked that the day provided a space for her to get closer to her friend. 

“It’s a bonding experience for us,” Sophia said. “… [Getting to] show your school spirit with your friend.”

Sophia thinks ASB should continue to create collaborative spirit days, such as twin or triplet days. 

“[ASB should organize] more group things so we can match with our friends… I think we should [do] triplet day, go even further with it,” Sophia said. 

Freshmen Alexandra Berry and Lola Capobianco wear matching shirts and jeans for Twin Day. (Emma McFerron)

Junior and second-year ASB member Caroline Lozaw helped coordinate the Winter Formal Spirit Week alongside other ASB members. She agrees with Sophia that it is one of the most popular spirit days. 

“I like Twin Day because you can participate with someone else. I think there’s a lot of anxiety about going to school and being like, ‘Oh, not a lot of people are participating,’ but with Twin Day, you know you have someone else who’s participating with you. It’s a collaborative effort,” Caroline said.

Because Twin Day is a simple concept, Caroline believes that it often garners the most student participation.

“I think [Tweedle Twin Day] is one of the better [spirit days] and one of the easier ones to participate in,” Caroline said.

After Sleeping Beauty Day, and Tweedle Twin Day, anticipation has grown for the approaching Winter Formal Dance. ASB looks forward to seeing student participation in upcoming spirit days.