Spirit Week day five: Just Dance

Archie Williams senior Kyle Fredrickson leads the juniors with the Spirit Can.
Luca Roy

Friday, Oct. 20, wrapped up a fun-filled Archie Wiliams spirit week with a colorful “Just Dance” theme. Students wore bright clothes corresponding to each grade’s assigned color: freshmen in orange, sophomores in green, juniors in blue, and seniors in pink. 

Color coordination proved to be an easy dress-up for students, as most people showed up to school sporting their assigned colors in everyday outfits. Extra spirited students wore vibrant neon clothes and matching face paint stripes.

Archie Willliams seniors Audrey Poster and Brody Rhodes hype up the senior section during the Homecoming rally. (Luca Roy)

“I just wore a green skirt that I already had in my closet. It was a pretty easy day to dress up for,” said sophomore Chloe Samlihan.

To build excitement for the homecoming dance later that night, ASB held a rally during fourth period in the gym. During the rally ASB introduced the homecoming court nominees, while Peer Resource (PR) featured presentations about safety at the dance. 

Dance Troupe performs for a second time during the rally on Friday after technical difficulties. (Luca Roy)

The rally also included energetic performances from fall sports teams, including cross country, girls tennis, and waterpolo. After representing their sports, teams gave up the dance floor to the beloved Archie Williams Dance Troupe. 

During Dance Troupe’s performance, the speakers stopped working, having been blown out from the previous acts. However, Dance Troupe persevered and gave a strong show, continuing through the silence, and even returned for a second performance when the music played through a microphone. 

Archie Williams seniors explode with excitement during Dance Troupe’s first performance of the year. (Luca Roy)

“I felt like the rally was really hype from all grades. But it was a shame that the speakers blew out for Dance Troupe, because they were supposed to be the grand finale,” said sophomore and ASB member Sarala Rosen.

After such a spirited week, students were prepared to end their day with the lively Homecoming dance.