Spirit Week day four: Hay Day

Archie students show off their cowboy boots for Hay Day.
Elsa Hunt

On Thursday, Oct. 19, the fourth day of Archie William’s High School’s Homecoming spirit week took place, featuring the theme “Hay Day.” ASB encouraged students to “wear your farm fit.” Falcons took this as an opportunity to wear clothing traditional to farmers, such as boots, flannels, and hats.

“The best [part of today’s theme] has been seeing all the different ways that people have dressed up for it,” said freshman Caelan O’Neil.

Popular outfits included combos of dresses or skirts with boots, blue denim overalls, and flannels with cowboy hats. Some of the most creative outfits took a modern twist on farm attire, with belly chains, jean skirts, and bandanna tops.

Juniors Samantha Winslow and Stella Berlin display their “farm fits.” (Elsa Hunt)

Most students liked the farm theme, but many Falcons reported feeling disappointed by a lack of participation from their classmates. However, most of the students who didn’t dress up simply couldn’t find appropriate attire.

“I like the [farm] theme. I would have done it if I had a better outfit. I just couldn’t find anything,” said sophomore Mackenzie Mann, one student who didn’t dress up.

The farm-themed day didn’t feature a lunchtime activity, as ASB prepared for the bigger end of the week events; the rally and dance. 

Falcons look forward to the 2023 Homecoming, “Just Dance.”