HS 1327’s hybrid model includes various entry points and one-way hallways

Samantha Parr

Various entry points and one way hallways indicated, including assigned lunch spots, on the HS1327 Campus when students return to campus in Hybrid Learning.

Various entry points and one-way hallways mark the campus map for HS1327 students’ potential return to campus, in the three-cohort hybrid model, once the county is in the red zone for at least two weeks.

After an entire semester of fully-online learning, High School 1327 (HS 1327) announced a plan to return to school in a hybrid model in January. Due to rising COVID-19 cases in Marin, however, the school postponed its hybrid return date from Jan. 6 to a later date. During the week of Dec. 7, Assistant Principals Nate Severin and Chad Stuart gave presentations to the HS 1327 student body about the eventual return-to-school plan. 

The presentations outlined the various safety procedures and protocols necessary to prevent the spread of COVID-19 on campus. The school day is divided into pre-arrival, arrival, during, and departure, each with their own unique safety protocols.

For pre-arrival to school, each student will be assigned to enter from one of four “points of entry” (red circles on map). This creates a more structured arrival of the students to ensure that students do not crowd together in the halls. The four entry points are at Fern Avenue, Saunders Avenue, Devonshire, and the Main Parking Lot. 

Students must also be aware of the new signs and markings around campus, such as those indicating one-way hallways, face mask requirements, hand-washing reminders, maintaining a 6-foot distance, and the maximum occupancy of designated areas or rooms.

Before arriving at school each day, students must have completed the daily health screen. Upon arrival, students must sit and remain in their assigned seats. All students and staff will be required to wear masks at all times (except when eating).

During lunch, the campus will be closed. Students must eat at one of the four locations depicted by the blue circles on the map: on the football field, baseball field, and the Senior Tree area. Students will need to maintain a 6-foot distance from others while eating. 

After school, students must promptly exit from the same locations in which they arrived at the start of school. 

Although the on-campus experience will be different than the last time students physically attended school, the HS 1327 administration has worked to make the transition smooth and safe.