Truth behind Jolly Roger’s success revealed

Will Salaverry bragging about the fact that he got accepted into Yale, a classic move from the true slacker of the class.

Photo By Connor George

Connor George, Reporter

When I came into this class for the first time this year I had no idea what to expect. After the first few weeks I realized that the class was in absolute shambles and there was little to no hope. People didn’t take the class seriously, and nobody did their work.

I had just about given up hope when two heroes emerged from the shadows. They shaped the class and made story production go through the roof. That’s when I realized that seniors Parker Cummings and Jayden Enclade are the heart and soul of the Jolly Roger’s success.

They absolutely carried everyone, especially slackers like Nina Schmidt and Will Salaverry. Despite Schmidt doing everything she could to drag the class down and impede progress, Cummings took the class in hand and carried it through the first semester.

Eventually the weight of the class wore him down. He broke his wrist which meant someone else would have to step up and lead us. That’s when Enclade came into the spotlight. While Salaverry was too busy rubbing the fact that he was going to Yale in people’s faces, Enclade wrote his stories for him. He was at every paste up and became a master at InDesign.

Enclade made class history by never angering the teacher, a first among Advanced Journalism students to date.

The class was entertained by a very lively, head banging Ethan Singleton. He provided beautiful singing and dancing much to the delight of the easy going advisor.